Child Custody & Visitation
Many parents refuse to get a divorce for the sake of the child. But when tensions finally hit a breaking point and divorce becomes inevitable, they still want to do right by their child.
This is why King Law Firm Attorneys at Law, Inc. will work hard to create a strategy for the best interest of the child when fighting for custody. Considerations are made for how each parent’s lifestyle will affect the health and safety of the child, as well as the wishes of the child.
From this, we recommend one of the following legal and physical custody situations:
- Sole legal custody gives one parent legal authority to make all important decisions for the child.
- Joint legal custody gives both parents equal legal authority to make important life decisions on behalf of the child.
- Sole physical custody determines where and with whom a child will permanently live.
- Joint physical custody determines a schedule for the child to live with both parents.
- Bird’s nest custody places the child in one convenient location where that the parents will share on a determined schedule.
Understanding how each custody arrangement will work, how they affect visitation rights, and how legal and physical custody work together can be complex, contentious issues. Call King Law Firm Attorneys at Law, Inc. for a consultation if you are having custody issues, your spouse has ignored court-ordered custody arrangements, or you would like to modify your custody or visitation orders.